Installing your own Water Cooler is pretty simple and easy and most users can easily accomplish this task on their own.
All you need to do is follow the installation instructions mentioned in the manual and make sure you don’t skip any step. In case you don’t have your manual with you, then you can follow these general steps to install your water cooler at home.
Installing a Point-Of-Use Dispenser
Although it is advisable to call a plumber to install a Point-Of-Use water dispenser at home, it doesn’t mean that you can’t try to install your own water dispenser.
Just follow these steps carefully and you will be good to go.
- The first step requires you to place your water cooler on a level surface which is 4 inches above the ground and provides proper ventilation and temperature to your water cooler unit. This is required as the water cooler needs to be cleaned before it is installed in a place.
- Now, carefully clean and wipe down the cooling tank, faucets, baffles, etc. Make sure that the whole water cooler is cleaned from inside out and there is no dirt or grime lying around.
- Once you have cleaned the water cooler, you can use the manufacturer’s instructions to install the filter. This is an optional step so no need to sweat.
- Now, you need to locate the blue tube and then connect it to the cold water supply line at the back of your water cooler.
- Once this is done, you can turn on the water supply and plug in your water cooler power cord into a working outlet.
- If your water cooler includes a hot and cold water feature, then turn off the hot water feature for the time being. Let the water reservoir get filled with water for some time.
- Once the water reservoir is full, check for any leaks or damages. Turn on all the faucets and make sure that the water flows consistently through the faucets.
- Now, you can turn on the hot water by pressing the switch towards the ‘Reset’ position.
Installing a Bottled Water Cooler
A Bottled Water Cooler is comparatively quite easy and quick to install and doesn’t require the help of a plumber at all. You can install this water cooler in just 30 minutes without the help of anyone.
Just follow these steps and install your water cooler in no time at all:
- You need to first place your water cooler on a level surface which is 4 inches above the ground and provides proper ventilation to the water cooler unit.
- Then you need to remove the tamper seal from the top of bottle cap but don’t touch the plastic cap at all.
- Now, you need to clean the bottle top and neck with warm soapy water and then use a clean cloth to dry it.
- Now, lift a water bottle and insert it into the probe and apply pressure onto the bottle until the plug inside the cap pushes inside the bottle. You will see that the water flows freely into the reservoir.
- Finally, just plug the unit into a wall outlet and check if your water cooler is working or not.